Horoscope News, comprising of the trademark, web site and all services featured on www.horoscopenews.com, is owned and operated by Horoscope Friends Limited whose registered company number is 08797014 and registered is address is Horoscope Friends Limited, 393 Lordship Lane, London, N17 6AR.
- The information we collect
- How we use the information
- How do we store and maintain personal data
- Disclosure of information
- Your rights
- Changes to our policy
- Contact details
1.The information we collect
The information collected by Horoscope Friends is necessary for us to supply you with a product or service &/or to allow us to optimise our products and services on an on-going basis. Such information can be collected at the point of registration, when you purchase a psychic reading or chart, or when you use our SMS or premium rate service. See below for an example of the information requested at both registration and when you purchase a package via the credit card booking facility.
Registration – the information we collect
- Date of birth
- Time of birth, if known
- Communication preference – e.g daily, weekly, monthly &/or annual newsletters
- Email address
Purchasing a psychic reading – the information we collect
- Product – which product you purchased
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Credit card details
- Reader preferences
- User generated content such as ratings, reviews, preferred readers etc
All other forms are visible on the website and can vary by product.
2.How we use the information
In order to personalize and enhance the content on www.horoscopenews.com website and the service we offer to you, we collect certain information about you, the customer. The information is then used by Horoscope Friends to:
- Personalize our service offering to you, e.g. supply you with the correct horoscope information
- To deliver our products & services
- Verify your age
- Communicate with you and update you on various offers & promotions (via email, SMS, offline & the website)
- To update you on important notices and changes to products & services
- To prevent fraud
- To manage internal resources such as staffing the phones, ensuring our readers are available when you want to contact them
- To comply with regulatory requirements
- To verify your identity, check that payment details are valid and process payments
- To provide our customers with an order and billing history
- To carry out auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and enhance the services we provide;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by any regulator of our business.
If you do not wish to be contacted about our offers, promotions or news then you can opt-out at any time by unsubscribing from our emails, amending your preferences within the profile area &/or by calling us and speaking to a receptionist.
We may also monitor calls you make or receive when using our services for the purposes of quality control.
3.How do we store and maintain personal data
Personal information submitted online is sent to and stored on secure servers located in Nurnberg, Germany, at the Hetzner Datacenter. Our chosen company fully complies with the EU Directive 95/45/EC on the protection of personal data. For more information on the server provider please visit: https://www.hetzner.de/cy/hosting/unternehmen/rechenzentrum
4.Disclosure of information
We may share the information we collect among affiliated companies at home and abroad including future owners of the Website.
We may from time to time employ other companies and individuals to carry out functions on our behalf including delivering services, sending mail, providing marketing assistance, analysing data and providing customer service. In order to carry out their functions these companies and individuals may require access to your personal information but we shall only disclose such relevant personal information as is needed by them to perform their functions.
Where requested to do so, we may co-operate with any court, tribunal, regulatory body, police authority or other similar authority in any investigations or proceedings concerning you or your use of the Website. This may include disclosing information about communications transmitted via these services to the authorities where required. We regard our databases of information (which will include your personal information) as an important part of our business and we will not give or sell this information to any outside organisation for use in its marketing or solicitation without your consent.
- Simplify the logging on process
- Validate the security and authenticity of our customers
- Provide a personalized service for you, and
- Enable traffic monitoring
Non-registered members are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a web-based profile.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online or access any areas reserved for members.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser, but this may restrict the use of some of the Website.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to be told what personal information we hold about you, to correct errors in that information and to prevent Horoscope Friends from using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. We may charge an administration fee in connection with any request for such information and presently this is £10. Before such information can be released, we will need you to verify your identity and specify what information you require.
7.Changes to our policy
Horoscope Friends has the right to amend these terms at any time at its sole discretion. All changes, once uploaded on the website, are effective immediately for new and existing users. If you do not agree to the revised terms, you must stop using the website and all the associated services.
You may contact us by email at email@example.com or by post at Horoscope Friends Limited, 393 Lordship Lane, London, N17 6AR